Vrio´s simple 5 step guide to improving your Employer Branding Power
With the current driver shortage that the transport sector is currently facing, here is Vrio´s top tips on how you can improve your employer branding to help attract new talent to your organization:
1 – Awareness
Knowing your company’s culture is critical and ensuring that your current employees approve of it, their buy in is essential to endorse the culture you want to create, this example starts at the very top, you have to live and breathe it.
2 – Research
This is an ongoing process, the world has changed and will continue to do so, attitudes to work have also changed significantly, which means business need to evolve and adapt to changing societal attitudes and expectations. Feedback from potential candidates can provide valuable insights as to how your business is perceived from the outside.
A brand audit can also be a useful tool to gain a better understand about how your company branding is perceived.
3 – Employee Engagement
Your existing team are invaluable when it comes to understanding how the company is perceived from the inside. Establishing the correct mechanism to obtain honest and real feedback from employees is critical in the process to ensure that your employer branding is not just a glossy marketing message but a reality.
4 – Highlight your Value
Understanding and promoting your employee value proposition (EVP) with your prospective candidates is also important. Your EVP should contain the following details:
- Financial package (Bonus schemes, pension schemes)
- Other benefits (work flexibility, loyalty schemes, gym membership, health care)
- Career development & progression opportunities
- Professional development programmes (Ongoing training and upskilling)
- Work environment & culture
5 – Build & promote your BRAND
- Reinforce and promote your Employer branding.
- Use effective social media channels to communicate your message consistently and often.
- Develop a Corporate & Social responsibility policy and publish it on your website.
- Develop blog content and videos demonstrating your values and people for everyone to see.