Following confirmation by the UK government that the HGV Levy is set to return, find all the information you need when travelling to the British Isles.
When does it go into effect?
Following its deactivation on August 1st 2020 by the UK government, the HGV Levy will be reactivated starting on August 1st 2023.
Who is affected?
- The payment of the fee will be mandatory for vehicles registered outside the United Kingdom of more than 12,000 kg that circulate on affected roads & motorways.
- UK HGVs are taxed according to the UK tax laws.
How can I pay it?
- Payment can be made via the following link: https://www.hgvlevy.service.gov.uk/
- Payment must be made before entering into the UK.
- Payment can be made using the Vrio Multiservice Card and Vrio-UTA cards.
The amount to be paid will depend on:
- Vehicle weight
- EURO class
- Length of stay in the UK
Here you can find all the details relating to the HGV levy and more.
You can also access information about our toll products including information relating to how you can save money with direct discounts! Click on the links that you will find on our “Tolls and vignettes in United Kingdom” page!